View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 11:15 PM   #9
bmsamson

A little more help please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
Pull the switch out
Hi. Thanks for this. I'll start by trying the remove and spray the switch test, but I'm looking at my Bentley re removal and while most of it seems straightforward, the first step on removing the knob has me a bit confused. I'm sure it'll be clear after the first time, but as this is the first for me, I'm not entirely getting it (for the kind of money it costs for one of these things, couldn't they upgrade the image quality?!). Anyway, as you've clearly done this before hopefully you can help. It looks like they're poking something to somehow release a clip, to release the knob to reveal the locking nut and go on from there. Is there a particular place (helpfully marked by some sort of indentation on the knob?) where one inserts the tool? Are we trying to open a C shaped clip like on a lock cylinder, or just pressing against something solid that will magically release with the right pressure? Is that tool they're using something like a skinny icepick? I've nothing like that in my toolbox so would have to purchase, or maybe i can just use a long nail or drill bit if all i'm trying to do is get in there and push? I don't want to break anything, nor do i want to be futzing with it for an hour trying to get it off without breaking it.....

Thanks again!
bmsamson is offline   Reply With Quote