View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 07:22 AM   #27
The Radium King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert986 View Post
1) I take it the 74mm throttle seems ok, or even the 76, but what about the 82mm? Would it be beneficial or is it just too big for the 3.2? I understand a 82 throttle from a Cayenne V8 would work and be cheaper than a GT3.
2) I take it that the 987 MAF-housing is too big for the ECU to adapt and a flash is needed, I do plan on a custom mapping by a good tuner however how bad is it with the 987 MAF-housing? Will the Engine run? Will I be able to drive to the tuner with the original tune? Or will I need to take the car on a trailer?
1) you'll have to decide if the larger tb is giving you a performance increase OR a pseudo-performance increase via what is for all intents and purposes remapped throttle performance. so, think of water; you put a 1/2" faucet on a 1" line and it will be a restriction and limit full flow (it will also increase the water pressure - good for cylinder fill in low-rpm situations). however if you put a 2" faucet on a 1" line then full flow will be achieved when the valve is only partially open - no extra power, but full throttle comes on sooner - pseudo-performance increase. i think the 74mm tb brings some top-end power by removing a restriction (to the detriment of low RPM torque) but the 82mm might be too big for any gains just losses.

2) talk w newart; iirc he ran with the larger maf housing prior to pushing the flash on his car and trims slowly increased until he got a cel. realize that more air is moving than the computer can allow for so you will get into a lean condition which is not good in the long term. fine for the drive to the tuner however.
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote