View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 01:10 PM   #26
blue62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert986 View Post
I´m "blueprinting" my upcoming breathing mods right now. Plan on 987 airbox, 987 MAF-housing with 986-sensor, 74mm throttle, 997 Plenum and maybe, if I feel lucky I go all the way and swap in the 996 intake. This + the whole exhaust part.

I have read so much on the subject the last week that I´m actually dreaming about it at night ;-)

I still have two issues I haven´t managed to figure out, so if someone would be able to chime in It would be great.
1) I take it the 74mm throttle seems ok, or even the 76, but what about the 82mm? Would it be beneficial or is it just too big for the 3.2? I understand a 82 throttle from a Cayenne V8 would work and be cheaper than a GT3.
2) I take it that the 987 MAF-housing is too big for the ECU to adapt and a flash is needed, I do plan on a custom mapping by a good tuner however how bad is it with the 987 MAF-housing? Will the Engine run? Will I be able to drive to the tuner with the original tune? Or will I need to take the car on a trailer?
I know a number of people have done this mod, but two things that I never see mentioned is the affect on ignition timing and exhaust temps.
To much ignition advance and or to high exhaust temps are not good.
Might be interesting to take some base line readings before the mod. So you can monitor after
blue62 is offline   Reply With Quote