View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 10:36 AM   #7
Doug427

Check in the back where the shifter cables attach to the transmission. Inside the cable ends are brass sleeve inserts. There are plastic caps that hold them inserted into the shifter cable outer jacket. The caps get brittle and break, then the brass sleeve can and will slide all the way out and foul the shifter cable end, jamming it solid and making it impossible to move.

I'm going to attempt to attach two photos here - one with the brass sleeve in place with a semi broken cap still holding it it's proper place inside the shifter cable jacket. The other is a photo of the cap gone and the brass sleeve fully out of the cable jacket and fouling the cable end, rendering it immovable.

I had a very similar situation to yours, this situation is what it was. To repair it, simply slide the brass sleeve back into the cable jacket and use a tightly mounted zip tie around the cable end at the ridge that the old plastic cap grabbed on to to hold the brass sleeve in place and not allow it to slide out again. Hope this helps.

Edit - Can't seem to attach the photos. If you wish PM me your email address and I'll send you some photos.
Doug427 is offline   Reply With Quote