View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 08:02 AM   #13
Burg Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
Got the power bleeder, thank you. I've seen some members have attachments in-line... for ease of use. Would you recommend using it out of the box... or are there any fitting I can purchase fromn The Home Depot that makes the job easier?

In advance, thank you.
Out of box plenty fine as you only need ~ 18psi; don't over think it. Fine to use power bleeder wet (filled) or dry (just for air pressure - my preferred method which not only saves on clean-up but greatly mitigates risk of spilling caustic brake fluid). In either case, use a turkey baster to suck out most of old fluid from reservoir topside but do not let go dry and DO NOT put back into kitchen utensil drawer . No sense pushing more old/dirty fluid thru system.

Another tip w/ powerbleeder...actually two (if you didn't buy 'catch' bottle and maybe even if you did):
- get a longer waste line...one that reaches deep into your catch/waste reservoir resting on ground while bleeding. Otherwise those missing third and fourth appendages w/ hands are really noticeable whilst trying to hold catch can, tube, flared wrench, flashlight, etc. while each bleed screw is open... Alternatively you can epoxy a rare earth magnet to catch can and let it self support of suspension or rotor hat or...
- put equal graduated markings one side of catch can... at least 4 or 5 if also doing clutch. This way there's no "I think it was already this full when I started this corner but hmmm...). 250ml per corner (even 200) is plenty to flush line & caliper from reservoir to bleed screw... gets much less closer you get to reservoir.

Good luck