View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 04:14 PM   #18
Grizzly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail26
"no more wire hangers mommy dearest!" Name that movie.
Hmmmm... Mommy Dearest? C'mon man, you can do better than that.

How about this one?

"Go that way...really fast! If something gets in your way, turn!"

O.K., now a story about a ticket. There was a place in South Philly where everyone went to street race. Some of you guys probably know the place; Delaware Avenue. When I got my license, my Dad repeatedly told me to stay away from there. There were always accidents, dope, Pagans and Hells Angels shooting at each other, you know, the usual. So of course, every weekend, we were down there. On a Friday or Saturday night, there were a hundred or so cars down there duking it out. The Police would come and turn on the fire hydrants on at both ends of the strip and wet the place down. Then we couldn't race any more and we'd head out.

One night, we were down there and the Police pulled in on both ends of the street. They opened the fire hydrants and started to wet down the street. I pulled out of my spot and started toward I-95. As I'm leaving, I see one of the Police Ram Chargers break from the crowd. He gets behind me, but not close. I get up on 95 and he's still there. I'm trying to shake him, but I'm not running. I'm changing lanes (legally), speeding up, slowing down, trying to blend in, but every time I look in the mirror, he's still there. I hit my exit and get down to the surface streets. He's still there. I'm in my neighborhood now and I've been running these alleys since I was old enough to leave the block. I'm up and down the streets, and alleys, and parking lots, whatever I can think of, but he's still there. Now my friends are getting scared and talking about bailing out. My heart is racing and I can't think of how to shake this friggin' Cop. No matter what I try, he's on me. He knew the streets better than me, which was completely unbelievable. After what seemed like an eternity, I finally ran out of ideas and pulled over. I didn't know what else to do. He hits the 360s and pulls in behind me. In the side-view mirror, I see his door open and he steps out. He starts to approach my car and I catch his silhouette in his headlights. Now, I see my life flash before my eyes. He steps up to the driver's window. Yep, I'm about to be killed by the Philadelphia Police!

It's my Dad.

I didn't get a ticket.

Worse. My car was dry-docked for my entire Senior year of High School.

A couple of weeks later a car went out of control down there and killed a couple of kids. The older I get, the smarter he was.
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote