View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 03:15 PM   #1
obthomas

vibration when accelerating

My 03 Boxster S with 97000 miles and all new wheel bearings and suspension vibrates when accelerating. No CEL, engine runs as good as ever. After suspension replacement I got a vibration from 3rd gear to sixth gear when accelerating. If I back off the power and coast the vibration stops. If I maintain speed in any gear the vibration stops. It only vibrates when adding power and up around 3000 rpm. Both drive axles are new this last year. The transmission is smooth as silk. Last week I replaced the front motor mount with a new one. The old front motor mount seemed to be just as good as the new one. Anyway, it did not help. To me this is a drive line problem and all I can think of is to replace the transmission mounts and if that doesn't help then the dual mass flywheel. The clutch on this car feels like new. I simply do not know much about how a dual mass flywheel affects the car if it is failed or failing. I could use some advice or approval of my plan for where to go next. Thanks in advance

O.B. Thomas
obthomas is offline   Reply With Quote