View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 08:21 AM   #13
Steelepuls

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamOxford View Post
Have you tested the AOS by removing the engine oil cap while the car is warmed up and running? If the engine note changes and the engine wants to stall, then the AOS is bad. If not, then you're probably OK.

I used this method to determine that my AOS was shot, and I was able to replace it before it blew completely.

Just sayin;...........

TO
Team Oxford, this is odd, I’m on my third AOS since acquiring the 01S. The first was installed by the previous owner (Uro brand), second I installed to fix an oil leak (aftermarket, lasted about 1 year), current is a Porsche brand aos (1 year), which threw up a smoke bomb recently. It happened the day after I added a half quart of oil. Could it have been caused by residual oil in the filler tube? I tested it by opening the oil cap and it did sputter when the oil cap was off. Lately, it’s been working fine, no smoke bombs. What is the chances that this Porsche brand AOS is bad again. Seems like I’m going through AOS at an alarming rate. The car is running great though. Let me know if I’m being paranoid.
Steelepuls is offline   Reply With Quote