View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 06:25 PM   #7
jreissenweber1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYprodriver View Post
Well the driving feel starts to fade after 2002 but comfort gets better & $20K will get you the best of the 986 S available. You really have to drive all the generations & see which you prefer. I don't follow the 987 up values but I have driven one & a 2015 model. They are more capable & comfortable but less fun to me, however on a long trip that may be more enjoyable.
BYprodriver ..
I believe you just summarized it quite well ..
over the past few months .. not only have I immersed myself in reading .. but have also looked at probably 40 or so boxsters and driven 14 .. some for 20-30 minutes .. a few for a couple of hours .. the most pure fun were a 2000 and a 2002 ..
I've come to the following choices -
a) .. 2000 - 2002 S manual .. ~heart~ .. pros .. adore the looks of the 986 .. can do some mods to effect sound and handling (if need be) .. most pure fun to drive .. responsive and great feedback .. such a thrill to just ... drive and corner and ... ... cons - in the back of my head .. ims & reliability ..
b) .. 2009 -10 2.9 l with PDK .. ~head~ .. pros .. more reliable .. enough punch to satisfy .. more comfortable .. cons .. more $ initially
c) .. 1998 - 1999 2.5 manual .. ~emotional~ .. pros .. there that one particular 'color' .. my wife of 15 years .. who has stayed with me now as my PTSD has gotten .. well let's just say dark .. grew up driving her dad's 911 (had to strap a block to pedals for her to reach) .. and is extremely color cognizant (was an interior designer) .. and that color just warms her (very rare and only on 98 & 99) ..
my next two weeks are filled with some intense theropy and chemical treatment (VA test study) so I'll have to leave it here ..
planning on doing just as you suggest mid- August .. drive each of the 3 (#3 without the color) .. and make my choice ..

thanks for the feedback ..
much more to experience ..
and so it goes .. ..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
jreissenweber1 is offline   Reply With Quote