Thread: Stereo Thread?
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 09:47 AM   #11
TriGem2k

Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
Quote:
Originally Posted by edevlin
I have been thinking of adding rear speakers to my base 2000 Boxster. Like Jim I USED to have a nice home audio system. In fact I have been into listening to music for several decades now, but things do change, or at least morph.

I teach for a living, so we are not swimming in extra cash. So I had to work on "she-who-must-be-obeyed" for over a year to be "allowed" to get my Boxster. It looked like it would never happen, but in a moment of weakness she said: "the only way you will ever get a Porsche is if you sell all your stereo gear".

Well, that is all it took, I sold most of expensive audio gear including all of my thousands of LP's, trick turntable and such and came up with enough for my Boxster (most of it anyway, still working on that).

So, back to the rear speakers. I have replaced the factory dash and door speakers with JL Audio speakers and was thinking of using 4 of their 3.5 inch speakers for the rear. Anyone ever tried JL Audio speakers for the rear speakers, or had any luck with the ebay PNP speakers, thanks,

Ed
I have a set of JL Audio 3.5" speakers which i never used. One box has been opened for a test fit and thats about it. They are the TR model i believe...nothing speical. I am willing to let both sets (4speakers) go for $40plus shipping.

Let me know if your interested.
-Side Skirts
-Gemballa Exhuast and Cats
-O.Z. Racing 18" Wheels
--18X8.5Front 18X10 Rears
-Michilen PS Tires 225/40/18 & 285/30/18
-5mm Rear Spacers
-Porsche Door Sills
-H&R Springs
-Powerflow Intake
-B&M Short Shifter
-Pioneer Avic-F90BT Navigation