View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 05:19 PM   #14
Box7774

Interesting that you are still redlining the ole gal. Sorry to hear the chain guides have failed. The previous owner of my car had them fail and repaired the top end on both banks. I believe thats the correct terminology.

Anyway I havent driven my car since the day my brother redlined it in second gear that day because I have had the door apart to fix the window problem. So the car has not been started in sayyyyyy 2 weeks. When I started it tonight a big puff of white smoke came out of the exhaust. Now I will have to check the paperwork but I believe my previous owner ( a Porsche technician ) also replaced the air oil separator so I am assuming my white smoke is oil getting past the valve seals......but thats just me trying to sound like i know what i am talking about. Is this a common issue on high mileage 986's? When the previous owner told me the chain guides were replaced and refurbed the top end of both banks....forgive me if my term is wrong.....I would assume valve seals....would that be a reasonable assumption since he was already in this area of the engine?
Box7774 is offline   Reply With Quote