View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 12:01 PM   #4
BYprodriver

Garage
jreissenweber1 Thank you for your service to our great country!

I have a 2000 'S' & love it, I have driven it from Oregon to So.CA, Monterey to So.CA via Hwy1, and So.CA to Louisiana & back, including 12 hrs straight from Dallas to So.CA. I was in my mid 40's then but if the seat fits you well they are very comfortable. I Have driven with the sport seats & they are noticeably more supportive & comfortable. The same goes for 987 & newer Boxsters.

Under the rear decklid there should be a emissions compliance sticker that shows what level of smog equipment is installed. I would guess at least 75% are CA compliant. 5% of Porsche cars ever sold were sold in CA. Given your usage goals I would buy the best one you can find & have a very through PPI done by the best Porsche mechanic you can find near the car & have the oil & filter changed during it. $20K should get you a great 986 S. Auto crossing in the future is no big deal as long as you are just there to have fun.