View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 02:44 PM   #18
Box7774

THIS JUST IN.......HOT NEWS!!!! I felt like I was letting u guys down by not removing the entire inner door insulator and speaker assembly. Its one thing to ask a bunch of questions but I know I need to do my part.

So here are the clues I was working off of.........

PW said his repair was on the front green spacer.....nobody else has reported this as far as I know...but the thought was lingering in my head...gotta get to that front spacer!

When I manually push the window down with my hands it seemed to sink in the front more then the back.

There were no grinding or bad noises that would indicate the regulator motor.

There was zero play with front green spacer and cable

The inner handle seemed to work but just barely.

All that said I bucked up and got on my knees before the 986......gently removed the foam insulation and the speaker box and there before my very eyes was the frickin front green spacer!!!!!!!!!! I gave it a mighty yank and low and behold .....SLACK...........AND LOTS OF IT!!!!! Tried one zip tie with minimal luck.....tried 2 zip ties together and without celebrating too early I do believe the window is now on the move.

Anyone wanna buy a micro switch?

My next conundrum will be .....do I get a bicycle adjuster and figure out how to install the thing.......or are zip ties a lasting repair?
Box7774 is offline   Reply With Quote