View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 01:27 PM   #17
Box7774

Hey guys...thanks for trying to help....I will pay it forward once I get this figured out. I am a better teacher then student.

So I was on Pelican and looked through all of those articles but I did not see any regarding the door handle micro switch. I purchased the 101 projects book and it does not cover anymore then the pic I included several posts back. So if you know of any kind of tutorial on how to replace this switch please send me a link. It looks to be kind of plug and play....but now you are saying door handle needs to be removed etc...I can handle it....just want to know the procedure.

My inner door panel is currently removed awaiting either the parts or the knowledge to move forward.

PW here is what I know
>>>> from outside the car I lift the handle and the window does not move.
>>>> I just tried it and I seemed to hear a slight noise on the first try and nothing on the second try.
>>>> inner door is removed so I cannot try inside handle...but when I did I swear the window moved a little bit but not enough...again..from inside handle.
>>>> there is no slack at all in my reg cable with window up or window halfway down...I have not unearthed the front green spacer yet....I tried to pull hard enough to feel spring tension but felt zero play in rear cable near green spacer. I think u mentioned you found slack in your front or forward cable.
>>>> I ordered the door handle micro switch today from Pelican.

I really want to button up this repair so I can get the ole gal out of the garage.
Box7774 is offline   Reply With Quote