Thread: LED Sill Plates
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 04:19 PM   #1
Tweetdriver63

Garage
LED Sill Plates

Folks, I'm on the last phase of my lighting upgrades.
As follows:
LED DRL Projector Headlights -- Done in 2017.
LED Smoke Depo Taillights and third brake light -- Done in 2018.
Porsche Logo puddle lights -- early 2019.
Some interior accent EL wire lights -- finished last week (Will post some pics of the install and instructions soon. Very easy, and looks fantastic, IMO--Why should my wife's new Audi be the only one, right?)
Porsche Logo LED sill plates -- working.
This is where I could use a little help.
I know the interior courtesy lights have a constant hot (through fuse C3), and are activated with a switched ground. What I don't know is where is a good place to tap into that switched circuit so the sill plates come on and go off along with all the other courtesy lights?
I can just splice them each directly into the wires going to the puddle lights, but that seems a little messy to me, since I don't know where to tap into those inside the cabin, only inside the door, and I don't particularly care to run another set of wires out into the doors for that purpose if I don't have to.

Can anybody tell me where I can tap into the switched circuit for the courtesy lights, somewhere under the dash or in the footwell?

By the way, here's a link to where I purchased them. They arrived the other day and look to be very good quality, and came with everything needed, including a circuit tester! I got them with white lights.
https://aoonuauto.com/products/led-car-door-sill-entry-guard-porsche-sedan-series?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIz7jw36DH4wIVip-zCh0-EAbGEAQYASABEgKiAvD_BwE

Here's a couple of pics of the EL wire installed. It's amazing how my phone brightens things up. It looks like daylight in these pictures, but it was almost dark outside when I took them.
Attached Images

Last edited by Tweetdriver63; 07-21-2019 at 07:11 PM.
Tweetdriver63 is offline   Reply With Quote