View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 06:29 AM   #11
boxster_nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box7774 View Post
Hello all.......Well its been hotter then I can remember around here.....havent been out in the garage as much as I would like to fix the window issue. But I have been doing my homework while not doing much actual work on the car. Given that my cables are tight and that I have the double beep and interior lights that come on and go off at odd times.......Like PW originally suggested I am much more confident that my door switch needs to be replaced vs the ole zip tie trick. I purchased and received the 101 Projects for a Boxster book and it pinpoints the switch that is causing my issue seen in purple arrow in included pic. Now this book doesnt go much further into how to replace that switch .........so I am asking you guys......How do I replace just that switch?
I am facing this job as well. If you spend a little time googling you will find a few helpful videos and some written description about how to replace this switch. IIRC, the exterior door handle needs to be removed and there is a plastic clip for the rod that if not removed gingerly, will break (cheap plastic + age). Some of the other forum sites (e.g. Rentech have some how-to's as well)

This switch is also used in VWs (jetta I believe) and audi's (A4 and A6 I think). Of course one can get the exact Porsche part but a little digging on the net will turn up the exact same switch for a LOT cheaper.
I believe the original switch is mfg by Burgess, but I am still looking for the p/n - once I disassemble my door I'll figure it out)
Amazon and Flea-bay are sources for good alternatives.
Good luck
J
boxster_nut is offline   Reply With Quote