View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 05:28 PM   #19
dghii

[QUOTE=Cunningr;599651

I agree kind of apples and oranges thing, I wont compare against a boxster as i think different type vehicles.

Maytag spot on interior could use attention. Extra 3k might help adds to class.[/QUOTE]

I've never owned a Vette...Came close in '85 (glad I backed out!). My brother has had a few Vette's that I've been able to drive over the years...a '78 pace car, '86 and '92 coupes and lastly, a 2006 coupe. The 2006 is the first Vette that made me go wow! The build quality and performance of the car was orders of magnitude better that the earlier cars and kind of put them back on my radar (slightly).

I'm all for what Chevy does the Vette and would love to see this car in person and go for a drive.

One other thing. None of us that has experienced the 986 or 996 soft interior finish has a leg to stand on when dismissing Corvette interiors. I'm in the middle of stripping off all the peeling gray finish of my console parts right now on my 996. I'd have been 100% pissed if I'd bought one of these cars new and found out that if I could scratch my console if I looked at it the wrong way.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote