View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 03:36 PM   #9
piper6909

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekks View Post
I checked closely to make sure nothing was rubbing (with the wheel off, then the brake pads out, then the disc/drum off). As I mentioned, there was a little sound that went away after cleaning out the drum, but that was not my main problem. Cornering one way now seems to exacerbate it a bit, so the bearing is looking more likely. As well as the fact that I cannot replicate the sound with the wheels unloaded.
I have a good wall to drive along on my way home today, so I will confirm which side it is coming from and then order the bearing.
Even if you drive it along a wall, it'll be tough to figure out which side it's coming from. Especially as early on as this seems. My suggestion is that if you can't hear it when it's not under load, and there's no play in either wheel you should just keep driving it until it gets worse. Once it gets bad enough you'll know for sure which one to change.

Another suggestion is to put it up on jack stands, start it up and put it in drive or 1st. It'll turn the wheels faster than you can by hand.
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote