View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 07:43 AM   #1
Box7774

Another window question :( no room for zip tie what now?

Hello all......so after reading many posts and watching some vids about the window in my 01 Box not dropping enough to clear the top I removed the door panel and took a look. Now my car has 158k miles on it so I think we can assume someone has already been in this door. The foam was in tact but the sealant wasnt virgin. When I exposed my green spacer it was tight as a drum w zero play. I can lift and lower the window by grabbing with my hands by about 1/2".....I tried this while looking at the green spacer and nothing happens when I manipulate the window. I guess I should note that my car suffers from the good ole double beep so it could possibly be my door handle switch. When the top is up and I open the door from the inside I can hear and see it try to lower the window but it is not getting the job done. So what do I do next to solve this problem?

Replace door handle micro switch?
Adjust window regulator grasp on window?
Look for the other or 2nd green spacer located somewhere else in the door? I read someone saying they did the repair of the "front " green spacer.....other people replied to him like he was crazy

Thanks for any help......
Box7774 is offline   Reply With Quote