View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 04:46 PM   #8
Rupesy

So I will be pulling the cover. I checked the signal from the DME and my test light lights up on acceleration. I checked ohms on the solenoid and got 2.9. I hooked up 9V to see if I could make it cycle but no click. Also kept my finger on the solenoid to feel if it was working but got nothing. So the solenoid seems to be dead. In addition to that I was researching some more and a guy mentioned to make sure if you buy a used variocam make sure it has the plunger and spring. Immediately I got a cold sweat because the plunger cane out once and I never noticed a spring come out. Later I noticed the piston sank lower than I noticed before but though maybe it was because all the oil drained out of the actuator. I checked my bench today and found the dang spring!

So the million dollar question is whether or not I got a bad actuator??? Remember my cam deviation was +22 before the guide and after +19 so it is still stuck in advance. Since my plunger is probably all the way down it makes sense now, but would just changing the guide have corrected the previous issue? I’ve got to get a solenoid anyway. Good news is it only took me 1/2 the time to tear down this time lol
Rupesy is offline   Reply With Quote