View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 11:59 AM   #3
10/10ths
"50 Years of 550 Spyder"

I have experience here......

.....I have owned Odyssey batteries and run them in my motorcycles and my vehicles.

The tech help guy at Odyssey told me that their batteries require a little bit higher voltage when charging compared to other AGM batteries and other lead acid batteries.

He said if I did not use their maintainer, the Odyssey would not perform optimally.

I ended up buying their big charger and their smaller maintainer.

I ended up switching to LiFPo batteries in my motorcycles and have other AGMs in my cars.

I don't know if the Porsche/Ctek will hurt, but I do know that your maintainer should be one with an AGM setting. I have a Ctek with that setting. I think the Porsche "Pro" model does, also. It's a tad bigger than the original Porsche branded CteK one they first offered.

Soooooooo.........Yes, but I didn't actually notice any real benefit to the Odyssey charger overall as I switched to Li-ion soon after.

I know that doesn't help much, but FWIW, the Odyssey guy said you should. But then you would expect that. Their charger DOES indeed charge to a higher voltage, so I did see that.

550 SE #310---"It's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow."
10/10ths is offline   Reply With Quote