View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 10:54 AM   #3
PaulE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewArt View Post
They're hot on your tail coming through Namerow there!
Looks like you had decent weather. I imagine that upgraded engine pulls nicely!
I'll be there for the 22-23 July event. Hope mine goes as smoothly as yours!
Yes I look like a hero to my friends who don't drive on the track when I show them pictures of my car in front of others. Those in the know can tell this is just before I'm going to be passed! We had some really good weather. Just a few rain drops on Friday and some heavy rain on Saturday morning so I skipped my first session that day. After that the weather cleared and the rest of the weekend was beautiful.

The new engine is great, it's the driver that needs improvement! I was hitting around 110 in 4th gear before braking for the right hander at the end of the back straight. My best lap time was 2:20. I should be giving it a lot more gas over the hill after turn 1 and also after turn 5. This is according to my iPhone's Cateye cycling app with the results uploaded to Strava, so there may be inaccuracies in those numbers. Not terrific but not bad for a beginner and I had a great time. I could have gone out solo in the third session on the third day, but I chose to have my instructor ride along the whole time.

I hope you have a great event at Tremblant and that your car is now running great!

My next event is Watkins Glen in August, and then VIR at the beginning of November.
Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote