View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 05:36 PM   #13
KevinH1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anker View Post
I own a 2009 Mercedes CLK convertible in addition to two Boxsters. The CLK 350 fits your bill exactly. It has rear seats that are great for kids and OK for adults. A trunk that hods a decent amount of luggage if you keep the top up and it has been incredibly reliable.
I’m using a 2005 Mercedes C230 on the days the Boxster doesn’t work for me. A CLK convertible would be a great compromise vehicle if you want just one car.

If you buy a car with sports suspension the handling is enjoyable. I have a 6-speed manual in my C230. Unfortunately, Mercedes stopped offering manuals in the U.S sedans after the 2009 model year. I think they stopped offering them in the coupes earlier than 2009. So if you don’t want an automatic, this may not work for you.

I have an older car than Anker’s and I bought it used. I wouldn’t call it “incredibly reliable,” but if you can do your own maintenance and minor repairs it won’t put a huge dent in your wallet. One plus is that depreciation on the cars is significant and used cars are available at attractive prices.

I enjoyed “reviving” mine after I bought it. You can read about it here: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/680651-2005-c230-revival.html
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote