View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 08:41 AM   #13
piper6909

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
Yeah, you've missed my point.
Let's let this thread be about what it was about.
If you start another thread, you know I've no qualms about engaging politically.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I didn't start this.

My point is that one has every right to comment about guns and the gun culture while talking about a gun tragedy.

To say one can't is like saying that we couldn't discuss the problem with lawn darts after children were killed and maimed by them.

Yes, of course comfort and aid the survivors. But we must also do our best to prevent it from happening again, or at the very least try to minimize it.

And why do guns have to be political, anyway? It's not a left or right / Democratic or republican things.

You may be surprised that I own guns. I am also in favor of common-sense gun regulation.

Years ago near me, an 11 year-old child killed his dad's pregnant girlfriend with a shotgun that his father bought him for Christmas.
That 11 year-old kid would have to wait 5 years before he could get behind the wheel of a car, 8 years to vote, and 10 years to drink a beer. But he was legally allowed to own a gun. There's something terribly wrong there! I don't care if you're Rep or Dem, this can me a common-sense discussion, not a political one.

Last edited by piper6909; 07-04-2019 at 08:46 AM.
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote