View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 05:37 PM   #5
Superbike81

Quote:
Originally Posted by seningen View Post
I tracked a Boxster S for several years -- first thing I did was put a 1/2 qt deep sump and an EBS baffle plate in -- very do it your own.
Second was add a BK roll bar extension and pads

Then replaced the brake fluid with racing fluid of your choice. get the gt3 brake ducts.

Change the gear oil.

I also put a 4"crank pulley on the car.

I quickly swapped the suspension for a used SPB suspension -- and it made a world of difference.

Sadly I sold the car -- but the only issues I had was a slave cylinder and the pins inside the tranny gave out. I had a friend put 6 new ones in at $1 a piece -- no problems after that.
I think if you added a tranny cooler, that might alleviate some of the issues.

That was on a 100,000 mile car and 10000 more track miles.

I very much regret selling that car.

Mike
Thanks for the information!

I've got suspension (Feal Coilovers) on order, they are custom built to spec, should be here in a couple weeks.

Brake fluid flush and transmission fluid change are coming soon.

I thought about oiling issues, but wasn't aware of the products you are talking about. I'll likely go with a full solution that includes baffles, additional capacity, etc. Transmission cooler is under consideration as well, probably next year though. Thanks!

The crank pulley is something I'm considering, but it can wait a little while, maybe until next track season.

For now I'll be doing a couple of HPDE days and a non-affiliated AutoX event or two, still learning the car, so I'm not overly concerned with oiling issues.

Last edited by Superbike81; 06-27-2019 at 05:40 PM.
Superbike81 is offline   Reply With Quote