View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 09:37 PM   #4
seningen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbike81 View Post
Biggest issue for me is being 6'3". Fortunately I've got a great race shop nearby called 425 Motorsports. They carry just about every popular aftermarket seat at the store to try out. I found that the best fit for me was this OMP. The Recaro that everyone recommends was too tight around my shoulders.

They are fabricating me up something similar to the Brey Krause floor mount right now, I'll go pick it up on Saturday. With it just sitting straight on the floor I can barely see over the steering wheel, haha.

I tracked a Boxster S for several years -- first thing I did was put a 1/2 qt deep sump and an EBS baffle plate in -- very do it your own.
Second was add a BK roll bar extension and pads

Then replaced the brake fluid with racing fluid of your choice. get the gt3 brake ducts.

Change the gear oil.

I also put a 4"crank pulley on the car.

I quickly swapped the suspension for a used SPB suspension -- and it made a world of difference.

Sadly I sold the car -- but the only issues I had was a slave cylinder and the pins inside the tranny gave out. I had a friend put 6 new ones in at $1 a piece -- no problems after that.
I think if you added a tranny cooler, that might alleviate some of the issues.

That was on a 100,000 mile car and 10000 more track miles.

I very much regret selling that car.

Mike
seningen is offline   Reply With Quote