View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 06:14 PM   #1
gti13

Changed Plugs Now Got Cylinder 3 Misfire

Got a 2002 Boxster with the 2.7, Pretty much as soon as I got it the AOS went out so I replaced it with a genuine Porsche part and everything was good but I kept getting smoke coming out of the drivers side vent so decided to go ahead and replace all the Spark Plugs and Spark Plug tubes which turned out to be fairly straight forward.

Once I cranked the car it ran smoother but then almost instantly developed a slight miss, I took it for a spin and it seem to drive and rev a heck of alot smoother then before with exception of the miss. Upon returning I scanned the code and got a Cylinder 3 Misfire code so I swapped out the coil packs from Cylinder 3 > Cylinder 2 and vis versa. Took it for a spin until the code came back which to my surprise was for Cylinder 3 Misfire again

Tomorrow I was going to switch out spark plugs as maybe its a faulty spark plug.

Just want to make sure Cylinder 3 is the one on the passenger side furthest back towards the rear of the car vs the Cylinder closest to the cabin on the passenger side
gti13 is offline   Reply With Quote