View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 07:18 AM   #15
Box7774

Thanks Tony........yep thats what I was thinking. If i am going to remove and reinstall I might as well reinstall a new one. I hadn't researched the price of a new one or a rebuilt one but by watching the vid and seeing the starter it looks very basic. If u have a link to a good one to buy please provide.

In regards to my battery or electrical snafoo's a bad connection is very possible. This so called garage kept car has been outdoors top down a lot. I have been vacuuming out leaves and tree debris from the seats and every crack and crevice.

My question for you guys is this........is this car computer sensitive to battery removal? In other words will the computer have to re learn when a new battery is installed or does the Boxster given it vintage handle battery replacement just fine? I do own one of those power supply devices that plugs into the info port of the car to keep it powered up but would rather not use it if I dont have to.

The reason I ask is that the battery connections are both weathered by the salt air of Salisbury Maryland where I bought the car.....especially the negative connection. Not the connection at the battery....its a short wire that mounts to a nearby post...its at that post where I see the weathered look that I want to thoroughly clean.
Box7774 is offline   Reply With Quote