View Single Post
Old 05-17-2004, 10:02 PM   #17
bamaboxster

Send a message via AIM to bamaboxster
I actually have a friend in SC that owns a 911, that gave me a hard time about wanting a Boxster.

I mentioned this to my salesman, John Morgan at Tom Williams Porsche, and he showed me why it is a real Porsche.

I agree, therefore I bought my 04 Boxster. Its hilarious to come up on someone with the (garbage can, coffee can, fart can exhaust) and the 7 story spoiler and the (get this) the Porsche inspired ducted front ends, making so much noise and going nowhere.

My Boxster in "break in mode" will dust most of these idiots. My sedate looking G35 6MT sedan would shock the heck out of them too. Most of these nuts can't even pronounce Porsche (por-sha) correctly. It is a variation of the girl's name Portia.

Porsches have a much better ride and provide so much intuitive feedback through the steering wheel, the seat, the pedals and the silky smooth shifting that most try to imitate.

These idiots don't realize, the amount of money they spend on "tuning" these "economy cars" to get them to "perform", they could have bought a 2 to 3 year old Boxster and have a better longer lasting performance car.

Nothing sounds like a Porsche, nothing feels like a Porsche, nothing handles like a Porsche, nothing looks like a Porsche (except a 924/944), nothing says you have arrived like a Porsche, no one can lower the top on the fly (up to 50km/h) like a new 911 Cabriolet. Often imitated, never duplicated.

Bamaboxster

Last edited by bamaboxster; 05-23-2004 at 08:42 PM.
bamaboxster is offline   Reply With Quote