View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 03:21 AM   #1
ukchris

Buying Advice - IMS

I'm looking to get a Boxster after a ten year hiatus and wanted to see if someone would help with IMS concerns. I am considering a 2006 Base Manual 5 Speed and a 2010 Base Tiptronic. From what I remember there should be no IMS worries with a 2010 but a 2006 is right around where things improved, is that so?

Waits a dealer listing (non Porsche) there's little knowledge of IMS so I want to factor in having it checked / replaced if it is still s concern on an 06.

I'd also be interested in Mahual/Tiptronic thoughts - my last Boxster was an 03 S Tiptronic and I have to say I loved it. I know the ourist view is often that a Porsche should be stick but the convenience of the Tip was great and it was a remarkable gearbox in so many ways. Is the common view that a Tip has a significant impact on cost/resale?

I'm buying for me - and maybe my partner so see this as a personal choice,I csnhappily drive stick but my better half cannot - that withstanding I still think I prefer the Tiptronic regardless of sharing.