View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 03:19 PM   #4
PaulE

Well I finally got around to re-activating my parking lights and disconnecting the dead Angel Eyes. I was able to re-route the black and red wires for the high/low beam shutter out of the hole for the parking light and through the small square hole under the old low beam hole where the projector is mounted. To do that, I removed the high beam, and snaked a thin stiff wire through the parking light hole and out the small square hole. To that wire, I attached a piece of 30 lb fishing line. Then I snipped the black and red wires and carefully taped them to a loop tied in the fishing line, and pulled the line out through the square hole, and the wires came with it. Then I reconnected the wires using low temperature butt connectors with solder in them. I heated them up with my heat gun on the low setting and held the joint wearing a heavy leather glove so that the heat gun didn't melt anything else.

To disconnect the Angel Eyes I used my small wire cutters and inserted them as far as possible into the parking light hole and cut them. I then cut off the ballasts so that I just had the blue and white wires, one coming off the relay and the other out of the headlight harness.

I wasn't able to rewire the old sockets I had for the parking lights. I got the terminals out of the sockets but couldn't get the crimps apart to get new wires in. So I found an almost identical socket with wires on eBay for $8 a pair and ordered them. They are just slightly shorter than the originals and fit right into the holes for the parking lights. I again used the shrink tube butt joints with low temperature solder and connected the 2 tails of the parking light sockets to the blue and white wires.

I now have parking lights that come on at the parking light setting of the headlight switch and go off when the headlights are turned on. It always makes me feel a little uncomfortable when I start cutting wires and think I know what I'm doing. Now that it's completed I'm feeling very self-satisfied that I was able to get this done without attempting to remove the outer headlight lens! Thanks to Particlewave for the original setup and advice that got me going. Here are a few pictures-

Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote