View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 02:38 PM   #111
rfuerst911sc

Today I decided to attempt this modification . I bought two Milwaukee 1 " bi-metal hole saws turns out I was able to do it by just using one . First thing I did was eyeball where the pipes should be on the exhaust tips . I outlined with a Sharpie and made sure the alignment was good at the inlets .

I also made Sharpie marks on the lip/flange above the exhaust tips so I could notch them . I wanted the pipes as tight to the muffler as I could get them . Once it was notched I again checked the alignment and made some adjustments . I then took a spring loaded center punch and made my indentations on the tips . Drilling the holes wasn't too bad I used some 3 in 1 oil as cutting fluid .

Did the same thing at the inlets . I had to do some grinding and filing to get the pipes the way I liked them . I ended up cutting off about 1 " off the pipes on the exhaust tips ends and about 1 1/4 " of the inlet side . They are tight to the muffler can as I could get them . I tacked them in place as I ran out of time . I hope to take a few pics tomorrow .
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .

Last edited by rfuerst911sc; 06-10-2019 at 02:41 PM.
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote