View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 04:41 PM   #36
Cunningr

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
I so totally get this. I'm that way with computers. Gimme a laptop with the bells-n-whistles... don't make me figure-out how to add something to it. My mind just doesn't work that way.

But with cars, on the other hand, I am much more comfortable, and would actually much prefer to assemble my own "kit", and do my own trial-and-error of something new that hasn't been thoroughly fleshed-out yet. That's why I've never owned a Camaro: there's nothing new under the sun that hasn't been done on a Camaro. haha.

But I'm very glad that there are people who support the aftermarket with ready-made kits and products, where someone has already figured-it-all-out. And I don't care what they charge for it. I'm with KRAM, that it's hard to rationalize $800 for something I could do (and have 90% of the benefit) for $75. But for others, that threshold is someplace else.

Plus: you can't argue with how pretty the IPD part is. But it's not very "stealthy" if you want people to not notice any modifications, haha.
Finally someone who gets my point, and yes hard to rationalize the cost but as I pointed out its an individual thing.