Thread: Radio confusion
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 02:39 AM   #17
Traco

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustaGo View Post
Traco, I am curious to know your experience with the pioneer receiver. I am working on the back speakers first but that is the receiver I am thinking to get as a replacement for the original radio. The reviews I had read for the 10BT are kind of mixed.
GustaGo, I have it installed and all buttoned up. Initial impressions are positive. The sound is definitely better than the old CDR 23 I had in there. Hook up was straight forward. I didn't have an announcement so speaker wires were there and the supplied harness connected perfectly. I just needed to provide a switched 12v

The fit is good and the colours can be set in the app. The orange looks fine in the car but the pics funny reflect the actual look. I turned off the blue underneath for when the app is connected so theyb are now orange also.

The app gives good control but I need to play with it more. Saved some radio stations, made a hands free call and linked Spotify. All works as expected. I was looking at the app last night without the car and connecting today took a few attempts but when I installed it in had it on and off several times and it started perfectly so I assume it may be to do with using it not connected.

The unit fits well, seems well made. The black fascia and surround is glossy compared to the rest of the interior but not very noticeable. The holder opens up in front of the climate control do not a fan of that but I have a flip case so it won't hold my phone anyway. I just mount it on the original OEM holder down by the storage bins in the center.

Overall I'm happy with it. Need to use it for a while now to give a proper user report but overall no regrets at this stage. Total cost was €115 including the Games antenna adaptor.

Some pics for ref, the large orange lights on the bottom indicate the app is connected

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk
2003 Boxster S, Seal Grey
Traco is offline   Reply With Quote