husker boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
no. I have the EBS baffle installed.

but it is the stock sump.
I also have the EBS with stock sump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
I feel like my motor is very strong between 6 and 7k..... and not so much if I'm short-shifting to 3k. So shifting at 6k seems like a fast way to go slower, haha.

Tell me about that? 'cuz I'm assuming you're not slow.
I am NOT fast compared to the cars in my run group. I'm a knife at a gun fight. They all have engine & suspension mods along with gumball qualifying tires. The mods I have are to tackle the OEM design flaws but keep it a reasonable street car that I can drive to & from events rather than trailer. I will be driving 600 mi to Indy in Aug for a 3 day DE and then drive back home.

I run street tires to eliminate the higher Gs of track tires. This reduces the chance of oiling issue but gives up a lot to the competition.

I shift at 6K rpm to avoid stretching rod bolts (which leads to rod bearings slipping). Not sure if this is an issue with the 986 but definitely is with the 987. Does this cost me? Yes, but max torque is around 5300 so going to the next gear and getting to max torque in the next gear isn't that costly.

Is it fun being passed all the time? No, but I still have my own kind of fun. I get enjoyment out of driving well technically. I get passed by guys who miss an apex by several feet but they have 200 more HP than I have and leave me in the dust on the next straight. He's probably having just as much fun as I am. In the end, neither of us "wins" the DE. My approach to DE is different than most and isn't for everyone.

I was asking as I like to gather data.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote