View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 01:06 PM   #1
wrs986

Rear wheel squealing

When I did the test drive on my 1999 boxster base there was a very annoying squeal coming from the drivers side rear tire. It was independent of applying the brakes and cornering. The seller said he had his Porsche mechanics look at it and couldn’t find any problem. When I picked it up a week later no squeal at all and nothing since I got it home. I had new tires put on. Nothing on the drive home from the tire shop. Then last week I picked my daughter up from school and it started faintly as I was leaving the school and by time I got home from a 15 minute drive it was incredibly loud. Metal on metal squeal. Again nothing to do with the brakes or cornering. I took it out this morning for a quick drive around the block and no squeal.
When it got loud the last time I drove it, it wasn’t a consistent squeal it had a bit of a in and out wobble squeal as the tire rotated. I haven’t tried to pull up on the emergency brake yet. The only consistent element to this was the outside temperature. Both times it was squealing it was high 70’s. When I drove the car with no squealing it was high 60’s low 70’s.
wrs986 is offline   Reply With Quote