View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 10:07 PM   #4975
Geof3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmitro View Post
I bought a lightly wrecked base 99 manual 5spd last year and proceeded to repair it.
Early this year I replaced brake rotors, pads, sensors and every suspension wear component. I painted the calipers red and replaced the flexible brake lines (poseur alert).

Enjoyed it for a few months until one day pulling away from stoplight, it popped the driver side CV joint. I decided to go all in and fix all the "while you're in there" items since the car had no maintenance records and 120k miles. Sooooo.....new CV joints, new rear wheel bearings, new AOS, RMS, IMS bearing (LN ceramic), coolant expansion tank, spark plugs, all fluids and all filters, flywheel/clutch/TO bearing, motor and transmission mounts, water pump/Tstat, coolant hoses, serpentine belt. This car should be good for another 50k miles In my haste to get things back together, I forgot to take pics of the new LN bearing. DOH!

new RMS; about to pull the old IMS bearing

Old IMS bearing

old water pump with metal impeller

Look how bad the motor mount was failing. You can see it split right through.
Very common for the motor mount. Mine fell apart when I removed it. 02S with 60k. I really think, for anyone just buying a Boxster that doesn’t have record of a new motor mount, just get it done. Absolutely worth it.
Geof3 is offline   Reply With Quote