View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 02:22 PM   #13
wmjosiah

I don't care about being competitive in AutoX or on the track - I only do it for fun and don't have any interest in beating anything but my previous time. I've been occasionally AutoXing and doing very casual track events (like Track Night in America) for about 22 years, but never been any good, just competent.

I also don't think I'll ever go wider than 225 in the front.

Sounds like pretty much everyone thinks the ROW M030 is the way to go for a dual-purpose car. I was looking at the kit from Suncoast - they say that they expect it to cease being available, but that's all it says.

How durable are those shocks that come with it? I assume they're factory, so they'll last around 100K or so? One attractive thing about Bilstein HD's to me is that I've put well over 100K on several sets and never had them wear out or even get noticeably softer.

Anyone know why the kit for the manual-transmission S is $200 more? Weird. I see someone saying they put the Tiptronic kit on their manual car and it sounds like maybe that would make it not lower the car? I'm worried about losing any ride height... Perhaps the Tiptronic kit has slightly longer or stiffer springs?

My budget is around $2K, which is arbitrary, really.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts!
'96 K2500 Diesel 5-speed with DB2/4900 conversion
wmjosiah is offline   Reply With Quote