Thread: Radio confusion
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 06:47 AM   #11
Traco

I pulled the head unit to have a look. It has a parrot 3100 phone kit also that doesn't work.

Here are a few pics of the wiring.

The yellow C is the CAN bus connection for wake , keycode etc.

The green D is the phone integration so that can be ignored.

The middle one B appears to be the speakers but I have only the two in the dashboard. No door or sub. So I would only need the FL and FR wires on this to be connected.

The bottom A seems to be power, antenna 12v and terminal 39 and 31. Not sure if they are all needed.

There is another thread on the forum showing a Pioneer which can be set to any colour and uses your smartphone as a touchscreen for it. At €100 it seems like an ideal candidate.
https://www.halfords.ie/technology/car-audio/car-stereos/pioneer-sph-10bt-smartphone-receiver

So if I have direct access to the speakers then can I oboe the MOST? The CD changer doesn't work so it can be disconnected. CAN bus would not be that critical if I took a wake signal from something else but maybe it could be used?

From what I can see it might be a little fiddly but not that difficult and should be possible with a wiring kit that lets me keep original writing intact to put original back in down the line of needed.

Am I missing something important or is it that straight forward. Basically the MOST seems irrelevant in this case unless it does something else I have missed.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk
2003 Boxster S, Seal Grey
Traco is offline   Reply With Quote