View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 06:15 AM   #16
maytag
Who's askin'?

I'd echo what 78350 just said. None of that is particularly difficult stuff. Honestly, if I were looking at that list, the two items that I'd dread the most are bleeding the brakes and flushing the coolant. Both are, in my opinion, a serious pain in the a$$, because you now have to deal with fluid you removed.... but otherwise, not difficult.

my caveat: I've no idea where the oil-level sensor is..... maybe that ones a 8!7ch. I dunno.

assuming the car is REALLY, REALLY nice (paint looks great, interior looks great, suspension components all work properly without making any noises, the top looks good, no wear, no faded rear-window, etc etc) then when you're done, you've got car worth about $8k. In my opinion, this would make sense if you have some emotional attachment to the car. But otherwise, I;d look at it another way:

1. DIY it. Take your time. So what if it takes you a year, or even two? You'll learn a lot, and you'll be into the car maybe $2500 - $3000. That's pretty low-impact, that I bet your wife could get behind. :-)

2. Sell it as is, find another one that's good-to-go. You can probably get $1500 out of the car as-is (maybe more, you haven't shown us pics) and then turn around and find a good deal on another one for $7k.

Just my $0.02
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote