Thread: Thanks Trump
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 04:28 PM   #170
piper6909

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
Don't conflate the "right" with the "alt-right". That would be equivalent to me assuming that all left-of-center thinkers agree with antifa, or Bernie Sanders.

Specifically: the right doesn't have ANYTHING injurious to say against ANY of the groups you mentioned, or any others. Yes, some people do, and they claim to be part of the "right", but most of us despise their way of thinking. Traditionally, most anti-semitic rhetoric is associated with those on the left, not on the right. But for me to suggest that you don't like Jews because you're on the left would be equally offensive as your own preposterous claim of the reverse.

Let's not forget that one of the very basic values of conservativism is that we earn our way. We have the utmost respect for those who beat the odds by working hard.

I agree that a large portion of these workers (I don't think it's a majority) are using fake social security numbers. But let's not forget that, as pointed out below, it's not likely that they're paying any taxes because they're not earning enough. Regardless: wouldn't it be preferable to help them be here legally, so they could take advantage of their dream? Let's not ignore the fact that the LOUDEST voices in the anti- illegal- immigration conversation are from LEGAL IMMIGRANTS. Those who are here legally are, by far, the most resentful of those who are not. That should tell us something.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Your 'fact' that legal immigrants are the loudest voices against illegal immigrants is blatantly false. Unless you're talking about 2nd+ generations after, which would be true by default cause we're all immigrants or descendants of. (Unless you're Native American) I am actually a 1st gen immigrant, we came here legally. But why doesn't anyone care about illegal immigration from the North? HMM???

"Jews will not replace us", "blood and soil" Those statements didn't come from Lefties. I've never heard of anyone on the left being against Jews. Maybe there are some, but to say that it's mostly from the left is another bogus comment on your part. Look at the make-up of the Republican party Vs the Democratic party. Which party has more diverse members? And how did they get there? They were VOTED in. I'm sure there are many Black and Jew Republicans, even foreign, but why aren't they getting elected? Could it be that conservative voters are becoming more and more anti-Black, Jew, Asian, Etc? I'm not saying YOU are, but just look around.

I believe that you may be an old-school conservative that holds such values, but you've been left behind by the rest of your group. Look who they support: A guy who inherited everything he has, went bankrupt 7 times and no American bank would lend to him. Let alone his moral bankruptcies, which is a topic for another conversation. They supported another rich little brat who couldn't find oil in Texas, and every piece of gold he touched turned to stone. Someone had to go behind him and clean everything up, including our country and our economy.

If conservatives 'had the utmost respect for those who've beaten the odds by working hard', they'd be putting Obama's face on Mt. Rushmore. Or Bill Clinton, for that matter. That may have been the case at one time, but there's no evidence of it anymore.

And why is it that when 'conservatives' are in control, 'Deficits don't matter', but when the're not, they're deficit hawks? No conservative ever said ******************** about deficits when Dubya was in office, nor are they saying now with Cheeto Bone-Spurs.

Show me a prominent conservative who holds to your values, please. George HW Bush and John McCain come to mind, but I think they took true conservatism to the grave with them.

If the right doesn't share the alt-right's way of thinking, why aren't we hearing about it? Where's Fox News? Why didn't they say anything when Rump talked about people from shi*thole counties? Or called for a Muslim ban? And I can tell you stories of an acquaintance in Indianapolis who is a foreign DOCTOR, but has people telling her that they want to be seen by an American. I can provide you tons of examples anti-immigrant, anti-black, Jew, etc. conservatives.

Like I said, you may be a true, old-school conservative, and I may even share some of your same values, but conservatives ain't what they used to be.
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote