View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 10:23 PM   #14
Geof3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
Oh... I'm shamed.

I don't recall if it still had the white lettering, I believe not. I removed it when I replaced the WP... inspected it... and it looked brand new. However... I get the "seasoned" part and, when next I place a Pelican order (to include transmission filter kit) I'll order that "cheap insurance". Thanks!

Last week I had the cover off, and noticed a sharp hose kink about 2 inches from where it exits the reservoir. Cut it off just behind the kink... bought a couple feet of hose and will replace it this weekend. I've looked into replacing the fluid... and it appears I'll be getting under the car... disconnecting a line... draining... and refilling. Looks to be a real pain in the ass. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Cheers!
Or, and it’s not quite as good but works, is drain your res, refill, start car wheels back and forth, drain refill, rinse/repeat etc. that will “freshen up” the fluid to some degree. The best replacement though is to get under the car... it’s not as bad as it seems. The mess on top of the engine from old, dead, puked up PS fluid is harder to clean, than replacing the fluid!
Geof3 is offline   Reply With Quote