View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 05:52 PM   #6
KevinH1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefocke View Post
What you may need it the pigtail for connecting the defroster
I understand Mike’s comment. In most cases German cars don’t come pre-wired for options that weren’t ordered from the factory. On the 986 Porsche appeared to make a wiring harness specifically for the options on each car. I retrofitted heated seats in my car and I can attest that there wasn’t any preexisting wiring for that function.

As an exception to the rule the defroster wiring was in my car even though it didn’t come with a hard top from the factory. The harness is behind the driver’s seat if the original poster wants to check. The switch on the dashboard that operates the side mirror defrosters also operates the rear window defroster.

Maybe Porsche thought hard tops would be a common option and decided to add it to every car. I think that all of the early 996 cabriolets came with a hard top unless the buyer chose the hard top delete option when ordering.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote