View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 04:21 PM   #8
Jgkram

I installed the switches because I AX the car and it is my daily driver. Both AX and traffic in 90+ degree heat get the temp hotter than I like to see it. Here are the parts I used:

Amazon - 1 Uxcell AC250V/6A 125V/10A 3P SPDT 3 Position Round Button Boat Rocker Switch, 1 Uxcell AC250V/6A 125V/10A 2 Terminal Toggle SPST On/Off 2 Position Round Button Small Boat Rocker Switch.

Fuse Taps from columbineconnectors.com.

To drill the holes I used a progressive drill bit which went up to a 3/4" dia hole. There was a small locator tab on the switch that I clipped off with a pair of snips.

I purchased the wire from Lowes (Southwire 25 ft. two pkgs). I used AMP wire splice connectors and end connectors. Again, purchased from Lowes.

The hardest part of this whole thing was determining where on the batwing to position the switch. As you all know there is not a straight, flat surface on this whole car which is why the switches are positioned higher on the batwing than not. I was concerned that I had to trim off the locking recess on the top of the batwing but it holds fine with no issues. Sorry the relay photo flipped upside down. Still can't figure that one out. Good luck...
Jgkram is offline   Reply With Quote