View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 11:47 AM   #3
Steelepuls

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
If you have a battery tender with a cigarette lighter adapter you could try that and see if you get a different result than you did with the fuse box terminal.

Otherwise, if you can jack up the passenger side of the car using the jacking point behind the front tire, and remove the front wheel, you can then remove the inner fender liner and you'll find an emergency release cable taped to the bottom of the headlight tray. Remove the tape and pull the cable loop, it will open the front hood. Sometimes owners of Boxsters relocate this cable so that it is accessible from the tow hook socket behind the cap in the front bumper. You can pry off the tow hook cap in the cover and see if a previous owner of your car happened to do this.

You'll need a decent 19mm six point socket and a breaker bar to get the lugnuts off the wheel, since your lug wrench is probably locked in the trunk.

That's all I've got, good luck and let us know what happens.
I second the battery tender with the cigarette lighter adapter, mine died last month due to a bad VR on the alternator, and the switch would not activate. Hook up the batter tender for a few minutes and the switch should work if there is enough juice in the battery to activate the latch.

I was doing some work on the passenger headlight and I found the release cable. I will try and reroute the wire handle to the tow hook socket. Thanks for the tip Paul. Good luck Big D.
Steelepuls is offline   Reply With Quote