View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 05:20 PM   #11
KRAM36
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burg Boxster View Post
To which front tire size - current actual or should be? )
The current actual front tires on the car.

Quote:
So yes, your mathematics are correct on the rotational speed of the tires. Precision is one thing... accuracy another. Think wrs, me or you would notice? Heck, I'll buy you steak dinner (or tofu if that's your protein) w/ all the trimmings if you could prove to me w/ even 50% accuracy using only your "buttometer" which tire size was on any vehicle w/ variances to this level.
You owe me a steak dinner then. When I have to go from Summer to Winter tires I can tell a big difference in the twitchyness of the car. The front tires are smaller in circumference and turn in very quickly and the rear tires turning at a slower rate are trying to catch up. I absolutely hate the front tires spinning faster then the rear tires, especially in a mid engine car and I can tell the difference, very unbalanced.

This is what he is having to deal with when he could have the above mentioned nearly identical rotation speed and have a much more pleasant handling experience.

Quote:
Bottom line, wrs986 came here to make sure what he has works. It does... and well too! Let's encourage him to not fret over this non-issue but instead to get out there and enjoy his new ride w/ those great looking wheels and see what these cars are all about and truly capable of. That's what this should be all about.
Yes his setup works, not optimal, not even as close to factory level of rotation speed difference (if that's the correct tire size Tire Rack and tonythetiger said to go with), but works well enough for him I guess. I'm hope his tire combination will give him plenty of joy, but he is asking questions about his tires so we could be assuming his happiness level wrongly.

I just said if it was my car, what I would do with it, which would be cheaper then what tonythetiger suggested for him to do and balance out the car better.

.........................My Summer tire setup........................................My Winter tire setup.

It's like I'm driving a different car. Yes someone swiped the original Carrera Light 18" wheels off the car at some point, probably one of the dealerships it was at.
I'm the 4th owner of the car.

Last edited by KRAM36; 05-21-2019 at 05:57 PM.
KRAM36 is offline   Reply With Quote