View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 12:07 PM   #8
Burg Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetiger View Post
I would swap out for the proper sizes as soon as possible and enjoy the summer. if you wont drive in the winter at all, get some soft sticky ones.

Front: 225/40ZR18
Rear: 265/35ZR18

While I prefer the 18' turbo twists, these are really nice looking wheels, and look easy to clean as well. I this is your first 986, welcome. Your going to have fun tooling around. :+)
Surely you're pulling his leg and just forgot the wink emoji, right?

Variance on front tire 40 series in 225 vs 235 is 4mm... ummm 1/8 of an inch. That's rounding or ummm tire wear - HA!

Difference b/w 40 and 35 series on rear 265 tire is theoretically 13.25 mm...barely 1/2in (assuming manufactured w/ 0% tolerance variance - LOL). And that's if, and ONLY IF, 35 series is even available (it may well not be and mfg could hedge this a bit to keep sku counts down). Not to mention a '99 Boxster does not have nearly the current day electronic "nannies" which could (though very doubtfully) be even affected ~ 1/2" variance (again, sans tire wear).

Again, hope you know him and meant that post as tongue in cheek. If not I'd suggest seeking a better understanding of tire sizes.