View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 04:24 AM   #15
piper6909

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
Piper, dood, just like in another recent thread: you just don't know when to let go, man.
C'mon.... keep sending videos of sounds (think about THAT for a minute, Haha).... hell, he could have an exhaust leak for all we can tell from the video.

If your experience differs from mine, I guess we can leave it at that. The are as many types of rod knock sounds as there are rods that knock (se what I did there?). In my own (clearly less Subaru- centric than yours. For whatever that's worth) experience, when a rod knock is in its early stages, it sounds precisely like what we're hearing in that video. But, so could many other things sound precisely like what we're hearing in that video. (Like an exhaust leak)

But if your experience is different... I'm gonna be okay with that.
Let it go, and keep hoping for his sake that I'm wrong and you're right.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Dude, you have issues. First you question my experience, now you have your panties in a bunch because I provided examples rod knocks?

I don't need to prove you wrong. If I did, I would have corrected your statement that internal noises get louder when the engine warms up. From my experience it's quite the opposite because as the parts warm up they expand and tighten the gap.

I've already let go of the other thread. I didn't bring it up, you did. Maybe it's time you let go as well.

As I've said, it it doesn't sound like a rod knock to ME. But I didn't rule it out, in fact, I said it COULD be. It was not meant as a slight to you. It's not about you. I also said it doesn't sound like accessory bearings.

The guy asked for opinions on the noise and we all gave our 2 cents worth based on our experiences. That is precisely what these forums are for.

Last edited by piper6909; 05-17-2019 at 04:53 AM.
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote