View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 08:46 PM   #4951
KRAM36
Need For Speed

Garage
Few days ago I cleaned the top and I put on some 303 fabric guard on it,used the kit the have that has both the cleaner and fabric guard. Man this stuff works good, hope it last longer then the Raggtopp kit I used last year, it was worthless IMO.

Yesterday I sanded down my headlights and sprayed them with 2K clear coat. Today I sanded a bit more on them and then gave them a nice polish. Looks absolutely brilliant, almost too shinny lol.

Today I gave the car a triple wash down trying to remove the paint sealant I had put on the car. Man that Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish is some tough stuff. It's still on the paint. I used Purple Power Heavy Duty Vehicle and Boat wash to remove any contaminants from the paint. The I used Turtle Was Max-Power car wash that's supposed to remove previous waxes and sealants. The I used CarPro Iron-X LS, surprised that there was very little iron particles on my paint. This stuff does stink, even the LS (lemon sent) type. Even after all that punishment, the Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish was still showing on the paint.

I do have one other thing to say about the CarPro Iron-X LS. Yes it still stunk, but wow that stuff made my voice very horse. Next time I use it, I'll be wearing a respirator.

Tomorrow I'll spray the car down again and go over it with some IPA to see if I can get the rest of the Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish off. Hopefully then I go onto claying the car, wash again and start polishing the paint and give it another IPA wipe down. I'm going to put the Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish back on the car until I get done with the new wheel bearing, Koni FSD shocks/struts, springs (1" lower), rear trailing arms, new drive shafts, change the transmission fluid and filter, flush the coolant and put in a new Pierburg water pump with the low temp thermostat. While I have the cooling hoses out of the way, I'll be putting in a new engine mount. Then I will be flushing the brake fluid.

After that, I'll be stripping the paint sealant again, give it another good polishing and ceramic coating the car. Will also be ceramic tinting my side windows.

Going to be a busy summer for me.

Last edited by KRAM36; 05-16-2019 at 10:38 PM.
KRAM36 is offline   Reply With Quote