View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 03:05 PM   #12
sfkjeld

Garage
Omigawd! Hi Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by seningen View Post
I bought your S -- and instead of building an electric car -- I along with a colleague ended up rebuilding the engine. I seeded his Boxster/996 engine and services business because of it.
I daily drove it for 4 years before parting ways from that particular car.

I still curse you everyday tho -- that S cost me so much time and money ... lol

I now own 7 Porsches, 2 of the race cars, and I have a Porsche Club Racing license and soon to have a Porsche National Instructors License (already have my BMW instructor license).

So thanks to you -- I'm 1/2 way to the poor house!

Seriously tho -- The 986 and 996 are so cheap now as to be considered nearly expendable, and should you blow the engine -- just buy another whole car.

BTW, your original engine was done in my a water pump failure -- so I do consider those to be wear and tear items I inspect regularly and replace every few years.

Mike
Holy cow. I was wondering what happened to you and the electric car. I didn’t follow what you meant by my original engine and water pump failure. Why did it fail? Seem to remember a garage calling it a “slipped sleeve” but I assumed it was the IMS. I babied that car, which i’ve Been told later it is the worst thing you can do to the IMS.
sfkjeld is offline   Reply With Quote